Thursday, August 6, 2009

overwhelmed

I am an emotional being. I have moments of emotion. Some of them are sad. Some of them are angry. Some of them are hurt. Some of them are happy. Some of them are joy. Some of them are excitement. This morning, on my way to work, I was so overcome with joy that it spilled out into rolling tears. I realized that I am so very blessed and I had this overwhelming moment of feeling it was undeserved. It was as if the light came through the clouds and pointed directly down onto my little happy life and showed me just how much God's hand has been working on it. God truly does give His children good and perfect gifts. How great the Father's love for us! How vast beyond ALL measure.

I truly feel like the luckiest girl in the world to be marrying my dearest friend, William Hudson. I sometimes stop and realize that this is really happening, and then I get super ecstatic that it isn't a dream! We are almost two months away from our wedding and I go back and forth between wanting that day to come RIGHT NOW and wanting to savor this time in between. It's so sweet. I went to have my dress fitted last night and picked up William's ring from the jeweler. He wore it all evening and said, "I think I could get used to this." I think I could to. I'm about to burst out of my skin with happiness.

I guess you could say that today... I feel very, very content.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My ring finger is bruised today, but love hurts babe! ;-) I have enjoyed the engagement, but now I'm just ready for the wedding to get here already!

Racheal said...

Hello friend! I know the feeling. It is so, so precious.

So I started a little blog specifically for the purpose of talking about planning the wedding. Crazy, no? I'm actually kind of hoping I can create enough traffic to make a little change to put in the wedding pot and/or gain some bartering leverage. We'll see what comes of it. Check me out!