Marriage is such a beautiful, complex thing. It's an adjustment for sure...but not one we are fighting to make. Everything is new and we are still learning about each other. I knew that the guy I married needed to be someone I felt would never bore me. I don't think I'll ever "get to the end" of William. He is so multi-faceted. I love that about him. Yes, there are things that are predictable about him... but he's always up for an adventure and he has just enough spontaneity to keep me on my toes!
Our wedding day was the most beautiful and important day of my life! If you know me at all, you know that I can be a very high-strung, anxious person. I've come to accept that about myself, and I married someone who compliments me in that area by being laid back. The day before and day of my wedding, I was as chill as I think I've ever been before a big event...and this was the BIGGEST of my life! I wanted to soak in all the moments and memories. I don't want to forget a single thing. The night before our wedding, my sister and two best friends stayed the night with me at the apartment. We stayed up late talking about life and marriage and the like. Christy cuddled with my sister and I and I believe at one point a "ticklefest" ensued! The next morning, Christy jumped back in bed with us and we eventually woke Kelly up with our loud laughter. My sister made breakfast and we all took our time getting ready before heading to the church. I knew that this day would only happen once, so I didn't want to rush it. Even when my coordinators suggested we wait a few minutes after 2pm to start the ceremony (to allow guests stuck in traffic to arrive), I had absolutely no problem allowing it because I knew that a few minutes then wouldn't keep me from marrying the love of my life in the end. As I waited outside the front doors of the church, I peeked through the crack and saw William standing at the front of the church waiting for me. I started jumping up and down (as gracefully as I could in a wedding dress) and saying, "I see him! I want to go see him!" My coordinators laughed at me and said...just a minute...you'll see him in just a second! ha! From the moment I walked into the sanctuary, I think all other thoughts and concerns were thrown completely out. All I could see was William. My groom...waiting for me.
As much as I tried to slow the rest of the day down, I could not keep the ball from rolling at that point. I made a point to hug everyone that came and I ate about two bites of my Grandma's cherry pie at the dessert reception. Even if I don't remember every word that was said...I will never forget what that day meant and those that were there to celebrate it with us. Everyone has said they had a blast at the wedding and the post-ceremony festivities, and that is probably the best compliment a bride can receive (especially one who spent 6 months planning the event primarily alone!) Thank you so much to everyone who had a hand in making this such a special day for us! Kelley G., Kelly D., Will & Liz, Christy, Michelle, Abby, Amy, Michael, Aaron, Craig, Ben, Amanda, Cassie, Luisa, KP, Jennifer, Lindsay, Racheal, Adam, David, Levi, Eugene, Melody, Mom & Dad Snow and Mom & Dad Hudson! Your assistance was so very much appreciated!!
I am so excited about all the learning and growing that will happen in our first year. I'm excited about creating a home and settling in. I'm excited about spending our first holidays together. I'm excited about my niece's birth tomorrow and my nephew to be born in January. I'm excited about having my sister and her husband with us right now. I'm excited about what the Lord has in store for them. I'm excited about what the Lord has in store for us. It's going to be a great life. There will be hurdles and disappointments...but I pray that I will see them as chances to grow into someone He finds faithful. I'm excited about those challenges. May I find the strength to stand up to them.
William... I. love. you. Thank you for loving me... Can we eat some of that strawberry cake early?? ;-)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our wedding photos can be viewed here: http://www.pictage.com/743536
Our photographer: Will Knowles Weddings
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 comment:
horay! you have had a good beginning :) i love you!
Post a Comment