Saturday, July 10, 2010

sumter, south carolina

William and I drove to Sumter last night...or should I say, William drove and I tried to sleep but could not.  Have you ever been so tired that you couldn't sleep??  How is that right?  So, we got in at about 1:30am and I went straight and I mean straight to bed.  I think I vaguely remember giving my in-laws hugs.  I feel very rested and I've had a great day so far helping around the house a little bit (my mother-in-law is amazing) and waiting for my sister-in-law and her husband and son to get here!  I cannot wait!  William's nephew is going to be HUGE!  We haven't seen them since March.  I helped Norma (M-I-L) make chewies and I don't think I screwed them up.  I watched her very carefully because the two times I've made them on my own did not turn out right.  I think I have it now!  I will want to make a batch when I get home next week!

The entire family (all of my father-in-law's family AND mother-in-law's family) is coming over in just over an hour and a half!  I am so excited to see everyone!  They are all such loving, giving people and I am so thankful to be a part of them now!  I thank the Lord everyday for blessing me with such a sweet, loving, understanding husband and the family to go with it!  

I can smell the bbq chicken cooking and I'm in heaven!  I will definitely be eating well tonight!

1 comment:

meridith said...

yum! is that the paula dean recipe? sounds like a wonderful family and a fun trip!