Monday, June 6, 2011

the weekend in review

We spent a lot of time at the new place this weekend. One of the bedrooms needed to be painted (it was a precious (ick) baby blue color) and it is now a simple, clean gray (Moonshine (in satin) by Benjamin Moore). I think I love it! I HATE painting with a passion, but this was not as bad as some of the painting I've done in the past. I didn't prime at all and just put on two coats. I didn't tape everything off either, because I found a tip on a great trimming brush via younghouselove.com. The blue paint job was a bit sloppy, so I had to paint over the slop with the gray. I hated to do it, but perhaps I can go back at a later time and clean up the white baseboards and such. Overall, the look is very nice! I'll make sure to take pictures and post them here later.

We also took more things over and generally cleaned up the place a bit. Still more of that to do (the ceiling fans are UBER dirty and the blinds need a little TLC). The hubs also spent some time looking for any cracks or areas where air could either escape or come in so that our utility bills are not astronomical. Still more work to be done there. Any tips on that stuff would be appreciated!

I will say I am getting very excited to move in about a week or so! A house will be a little more work, but I'm ready to be out of an apartment! Hooray!!

No comments: