Friday, January 22, 2010

there's somethin' in the water

Can I just say that it's so weird that everyone around me is havin' babies right now!  Geez!  I just found out another friend of mine is 20 weeks along.  It feels so weird...and I know I am going to be there one day too, but come on!  Are we old enough to be responsible for the lives of another human being??  That's a scary thought!  (Hilary, just disregard all of this...you are an exception to this post as you have grown children already!  ha ha!)  I am not kidding, I think there have been like 10 babies born in the last year to friends or acquaintances of mine.  It's weird to think of myself as old enough to be having children.  Wasn't I just 12 years old?  It's still a little crazy to me that I'm a married woman now!  I'm 26, but I guess I'm in denial that I'm a grown, responsible adult, capable of creating a family of my own!  I'm awed by the whole thing, and I'm definitely for it...it's just so ridiculous to think I'm going to be there in a few years myself.  


William and I want a large family.  Like four kids.  I know, I know.  We'll see when the time comes, right?  I am one of four and William has a sister.  We love children and we want lots of them!  Now, this could change tomorrow, but right now I don't feel ANY rush to start that process.  We've talked about waiting for three years and I think that's a good goal.  William will be 30 in three years and I'll be 29.  I think the idea that 30 is too old to start having children is stupid.  It's not and that's all there is to it!  (Hilary, your kids will just be able to babysit my kids, but that won't feel weird at all.  ha ha!)  Once we start, we'll probably just keep going until we're done.  If I'm going to be fat, I'd rather just be fat for four straight years and THEN lose the weight.  I don't want to yo-yo all over the place.  :)


I'm also not in a rush because my brothers each have two kids a piece now.  My parents are quite content at the moment with the amount of grandkids.  We are actually going to meet the newest addition, Tanner Joseph (see picture below), this weekend!  I could not be more excited.  I'm also very thrilled that we are going to see my three year old nephew, Hayden Michael, play in his first pee wee soccer game on Saturday!  What what!  It's going to be a HOOT!!

Gavin and little brother, Tanner

Life is good.  William is still looking for employment, but I believe that God is in control and He'll take care of our needs.  I'm trying to tell myself that EVERY day.  It seems to be working for the time being!

2 comments:

meridith said...

nothing wrong at all with starting at 30. we will have been married 3 years when our baby comes and i'm sooo thankful we've had this time. it has gone so crazy fast. i'm 36 and having my first, there is nothing wrong with waiting.

junglentink said...

30 is sooooo old :) (kidding:) but that's just me. i think you're lost and clueless when you have your first whether you're 18 or 40... you have the right idea with popping them all out and being done with it...although i look forward to seeing that happen to you. just so you have a heads up...your kids will probably eat your label machine...