I have begun working on a project at home and I'm excited to share it with everyone. I like fixing things up and re-working stuff, but sometimes I need the motivation to just get started. I've struggled with decorating our enormous apartment (1250 sq ft with vaulted ceilings in the living room) for some of the following reasons:
1) It's huge and we don't have enough furniture, nor finances, to furnish it properly.
2) We don't know how long we'll be living there and I don't want to waste resources painting, hanging drapery rods and changing out ugly light fixtures if we're just going to up and leave.
3) I don't even feel comfortable settling in enough to hang stuff on the walls!
Well, there is one project that I can do right now that won't affect the apartment itself. That is recovering the four dilapidated dining room chairs that I inherited from William when we got married. I started the process last night by removing the ugly original black (and ripping) vinyl or oilcloth covering along with the foam padding and staples. I am headed to Joann's after work to pick out new patterned oilcloth and padding. I have a staple gun already, so I don't think I'll need any other supplies. I'm stoked about having something complete! I would like to paint the chairs eventually with a color that pops, but for now a good wood cleaning will have to suffice. I don't want to commit to a paint color just yet! I'll post pictures of the before and after once I'm done!
The next project will be finally getting around to finishing another re-upholstery project that I started three years ago on these puppies. I have two of these chairs and one is already completely uncovered. That took me forever and in three years I still haven't uncovered this one! Ha!

No comments:
Post a Comment