Tuesday, June 1, 2010

DIY Chair Reveal

As promised, I have pictures of my DIY project on the inherited dining room chairs.  For now, I decided not to re-stain or paint them.  I left the wood as is and just changed out the seat covers.  I am pretty happy with the outcome given that this is my first time attempting something like this.  (Keep in mind...our camera kind of stinks.)


BEFORE
The black vinyl had shown a bit of wear.  Foam coming out of everywhere!
I started by removing the seats from the rest of the chair.

This is the plain board after the old foam and vinyl had been removed.
AFTER

This is the fabric I chose to recover the chairs.  It is a fabric called oilcloth.  Thinner than vinyl and stretchier.  There were only about three patterns to choose from at Joann's, so I went with this one.  I prefer nature prints and this one seemed good and neutral.

The finished project!  Hooray!



Well, that's about it.  I wish I had better pictures.  The camera we have is just not cuttin' it.  I will post pictures of the updates to our apartment sometime soon as well.  We've finally started hanging things on the walls!

No comments: