Well, almost Mr. Lennon. As this year comes to a close, I cannot help but remember all of the wonderful things that have occurred over the past year. The year 2010 will be known forever to me as an amazing year of change, new friendships, new roles, new experiences and new places. Allow me to create a list. I like lists.
1. Marriage
The past year was bliss. I am not exaggerating either. I'm pretty sure that marriage is the best thing God ever created. Some people may not agree with me (as far as first years of marriage go), but I don't know what else to say. Our first year together was amazing and I'd relive it over and over again if I could.
2. Travel
Over the past 14 months I've been to eight new states including: California, Oregon, Washington, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, Alabama and Missouri! We went to California, Oregon and Washington on our honeymoon. We covered Montana, Wyoming, Idaho and Utah (along with Colorado) on our one year anniversary trip. Alabama was our 6-month anniversary trip to see MuteMath! We went to Osage Beach, Missouri for our Independence Day weekend and stayed at a friend's father's lake house. Uh yes! I am amazed at the vast landscapes that our country contains. We really do have it all here! Now I want to see more of the WORLD!
Out of the past 52 weeks, we have been at home exactly half. Yep, 26 weeks of travel this year! Whew! The weekends we were home were also filled with visitors, house guests, various family functions and lots of fun times with friends (including that awesome camping trip for Ms. Christy Montoya's birthday)!
3. Jobs
William has gone through a couple transitions over the past year where his employment is concerned. He has handled it all like a pro though and there are only more changes in the future for him. His company is moving his job (as well as others) to their Seattle office and they are giving him the boot March 31, 2011. No biggie. We'll deal. There is a job opportunity we are waiting to hear back about... so that's a prayer request for ya!
4. College
William also finished his Master's degree this year! Wahooo! I can sleep at night now. Ha! He is an official Master of International Relations and I could not be more proud of him. (Don't even THINK about going back for more schooling right now, bub!)
I attended my 5 year college reunion this year at Trevecca Nazarene University. We also attended William's 10 year high school reunion in Sumter at Lakewood High School.
5. Babies
We've welcomed two new babies into our lives. My sweet and gorgeous niece, Leah Nicole Snow joined us on November 12, 2009 and the handsome and irresistibly cuddly nephew, Tanner Joseph Snow arrived on January 4, 2010. Gavin Marshall Snow, Tanner's big brother, turned 2 on August 8th and Hayden Michael Snow, Leah's big bro, turned 4 on November 13th. I LOVE my little nieces and nephews and cannot get enough of them. I'm going to see them tomorrow!!
6. Brothers
William and I welcomed a new brother into the Hudson family. On December 12, 2009, Lori Marie, William's sister, was married to Gregg Mains in a beautiful winter ceremony and we are excited about their future together.
7. Debt
As for chinking away at our debt, we've managed to pay off about $20,000 from our total debt. Not too shabby!
8. Jaime & Grayson/Nashville Flood/Jeremy & Michelle
My beautiful cousin, Jaime married her best friend, Grayson Pare, on May 2, 2010. Yes, the day of the great Nashville flood. What a day that was! The wedding was beautiful despite the weather and I felt so proud to stand there with her. I love you, Jaime!
Our dear friends, Jeremy Harrell and Michelle Lennon, were married in a beautiful ceremony on November 13, 2010 and we were privileged to be a part of it. Congrats again, guys!
9. Rachel & Benjamin
My sister and her husband made the move back to Florida mid-September after spending an entire year living in Nashville. It was a sad day, but we are very happy for them and wish only the best for them and their future. Now...about that trip to Florida...
10. ?????
There are still two more days in the year. We are headed to Ohio to see my family. We'll see what the last two days will hold for us...
Happy New Year to everyone! Take a deep breath...jump right on in to 2011. What will it hold? Only God knows! I pray that each of you has a safe holiday and that your new year holds blessings beyond what you can imagine.
No comments:
Post a Comment