Wednesday, December 8, 2010

end in sight

Over the past week or so, I (and my dear, sweet husband) have been going through the storage closet (i.e. the walk-in closet in the guest bedroom) and getting rid of things we don't need to hold on to any longer.  This long over due project has been a year in the making.  Every time I thought we'd have some free time to start, we'd have to put everything back in the closet to get ready for guests, etc.  It is quite the daunting task to undertake and the time has now come to just start tackling it.  I am very impressed with the progress we made over the past weekend.  We gave three large trash bags to our friend Christy full of good winter clothes for some refugee men who have recently arrived in the U.S.A.  We have accumulated about 4-5 bags of trash, and will probably have much more.  I've emptied about four complete tubs (by consolidating) and will probably have more before the week is out.  I could go on listing these details, but let's just say, purging and organizing makes me VERY happy and I will feel a whole lot less stressed after this project is complete.


This project, might I add, also includes going through every inch of storage space, cabinet space, drawer space in our apartment.  There is just "stuff" that I don't want having around anymore.  Either stuff we don't wear or will never use - it's all being gone through!  There have been so many projects I've had running around in my head and now they are finally getting accomplished!  Three of which I completed between last night and this morning!  Last night I organized all of my coupons in a great zip up Mead binder (which I found in some of my old school stuff), with baseball card protector sheets (which William had plenty of empty) and I can now shop and coupon with confidence!  ha!!  The second project was my recipe binder.  I had purchased a fun binder for all of my recipes to go in, but had not done anything with it for probably a year!  I all but emptied another binder (an old exercise/health binder I compiled) of it's sheet protectors and put them to use in my recipe binder!  I still need to get some index dividers and organize by type of recipe, but at least everything is contained and not falling out onto the kitchen floor every time I pull the binder out.  The old exercise/health binder has been cleaned out of most of it's old contents.  A few things remain and I'm sure I'll add to it in the future.


We've made great progress and I see an end in sight!  I'm excited about doing more this week!  After we're done going through everything...we won't have to do it again for quite some time!

No comments: