I've decided to keep myself on a schedule of sorts on this here blog by creating themes for at least three days of the week (Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays). Wednesdays I will be sharing a nugget of wisdom that I have learned either in the last week...or just in general. So, here it goes...
Do you ever have so much running through your mind that you cannot quite pinpoint a particular thought to dwell on for more than half a second? That's how I am feeling today. Part of that is being a woman. I've lived with it for 28 years and I will probably have many more years to live with that. I'm also a self-proclaimed Type A personality and for me at least, that leads to not being able to relax for more than 5-10 minutes at a time. I'm feeling very anxious about many things and I am doing my best to rest in the calm that can only be found in Christ.
There are many wonderful things that William and I are going to be a part of in the coming months, but with those new things always comes changes and I am not great with change. I like change in general. Transitions just emotionally don't go very smoothly with me. I always make it through because I know that God is with me, but that doesn't mean that I don't get sidetracked along the way. One thing I have learned though in every situation that I am faced with (good or not-so-good), I have never found myself wanting for God's presence in that situation. It has been my fear of the outcome that puts a barrier up between myself and God's provision. I cannot see it for my fear and anxiety. If I would only learn to rest in Him with the knowledge of everything he has done for me in the past, then why would I ever worry about the future again?
Oh yes, I should also mention that I am very easily distracted. Very. If you lose me in a crowd, I've probably found a cute baby or puppy to gawk over. I cannot have the television on when I am trying to have a conversation. I cannot have a phone conversation without doing something else too (dishes, laundry, cooking, general picking up). I am trying to be more "in the moment" because I don't want to be seen as rude. I guess I just cannot seem to calm my mind enough at times to just be.
In the way of a quick catch up: I am excited today for several reasons! 1.We got wonderful news yesterday about a family member's health. Praise the Lord! 2. One of my brothers and his family are coming to visit us next weekend. Hooray! 3. It's Wednesday, and that means that I only have three more days of work this week instead of the five I started out with. 4. We bought tickets to see MuteMath in October and I am stoked! I think those are all perfectly valid reasons to be excited!
No comments:
Post a Comment