I am joyful and hopeful for the future, but a lot of times I get stuck in the present. I think about things I could be doing or I spend time stressing over why I am not yet in a career that I love and enjoy participating in every week Monday through Friday. I know that a lot of this is just the "twenty-somethings" curse, where we spend most of our time floundering around the world trying to find our place in it. However...I have rushed through most phases of my life so far. I do not possess the power to actually speed up time, but I do tend to mentally and emotionally rush through things. I did this with high school (graduated early just to get done) and college (again...graduated early to get done and save money) and I feel as if I am going to do it again. I don't take the time to savor the moments I am presently experiencing and I look back and regret it. I do this every time.
It is my greatest desire to find contentment where I am. I intend for this to be a place where I keep myself in check by allowing others into my struggle. I'm sure I'm not alone in it. I believe that God has given me desires and passions that He wants fulfilled in my life...but my problem is I want them in my control and timing. I struggle with this daily and I feel vulnerable when I talk about it. I'm hoping that writing these thoughts down, along with resting in the Lord, will help me to come to a place where I am no longer in tension with time's passing.
1 comment:
i look forward to it :) i love you friend.
Post a Comment