Thursday, June 3, 2010

days like this

This is how today has gone so far:

6:30a :  Alarm goes off.
6:30a-7:00a : Lay in bed wishing I hadn't gone to bed after 1am (but I was being so productive!).
7:15a : Finally drag myself out of bed because my bladder cannot hold out any longer.
7:17a : Stumble my way into the kitchen to scrounge up something to pack my husband and I for lunch.  I also heat up left over coffee (french press) from the night before for us to take to work...crap...it's DECAF!
7:30a : Make my way back to the bedroom to get a shower.  Husband is just getting out.
7:35a : Take my normal quick shower, at the time when I should be leaving for work.  Husband is supposed to already be at work at this time.  He is just leaving.
7:47a : Finished getting dressed, hair product in (always come to work with a wet head) and minimal makeup.
8:20a : I've made it to work and I pretty much sit at my desk until...
11:30a : Lame meeting about fire drill tomorrow.  How many times do we need to discuss this??  
11:45a : Back at my desk, trying to decide what to do with the plain lettuce I packed myself for lunch.  I was starving at 10:30a so I already ate the pb&j I had packed.  
12:00p : Decided to go to Kroger to get toppings for my plain lettuce.  Braved the heat and lunch time traffic in Cool Springs to get to Kroger.  Picked up a yogurt, organic crackers ($4/2 boxes) and a bar of Hershey's Special Dark chocolate too.  
12:30p : While driving back to the office I have a daydream (like I do most days) of what my life would be like if I worked for myself and made my own hours and could work wherever I wanted to (oh and actually had work to do).  *Sigh*
12:35p : Back at work, eating salad and conversing with Susan, our Division's Senior Assistant.  Checking out blogs, taking a couple work phone calls, staring at the wall...
2:10p : Had decided to blog for the day since I didn't have anything much better to do.  Only three more hours to go...  

No comments: